Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Impressions

     Yesterday, after a long day of travel, all seven of us has made it to our house in San Antonio!

     I'm not even sure everything has hit me yet, but it's real! I've walked in the house, I've eaten the food, I've faced a slight language barrier just ordering tacos, which are apparently a breakfast food. (My life has been a lie!)

     Today, I had my first meeting with Andrew, the director of MEYO, with all sorts of information on my job title for the coming year. MEYO encompasses two different after-school programs: Peace Pals (1st-5th grade) and House of Teens (6th through 12th grade.)

     The program has four main pillars: Personal Development, Community Service, Character Development, and Post High School Graduate Preparation. MEYO does a lot of work from within the community to promote helping others, developing good health and study habits, and working to become caring, responsible adults.

     My first impression was definitely a good one. After 10 years, this program has developed a pretty great system at accomplishing their goals, and I am very glad to be joining the team!

No comments:

Post a Comment