Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Picture Time

Naturally, I had to get a picture of
the first San Antonio Spurs flag
I saw when I arrived. After
backing the team a few games
before the finals (just because
I was moving here) to
following them to victory, has
definitely sealed my allegiance!
San Antonio Spurs - MBA
We met Rob Muler, the pastor of Divine
Redeemer PCUSA. He showed us
around a bit and introduced us to
every person we came across.
A random connection with Rob
arose when we realized we
both knew my mother, seems to
happen a lot to me these days.
Divine Redeemer Presbyterian Church USA
Julius Lorenzi is a housemate of mine who has had the privilege of growing up in San Antonio all his life. When we first arrived, he said, "Westside is the poorest part of San Antonio, but it is also the richest." Our portion of the city has the most murals, we find them everywhere: the community garden, the playground, the bathroom door!

Finally, I leave you with this; a quote on service. I don't know who it's by, but it was posted on the refrigerator at Divine Redeemer, and I loved it so much, I had to take a picture in order remember and reflect on it again and again. Sometimes, we need a reminder like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment